A little joy to share with you!

A little joy to share with you!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Disney? Or a day of blueberry picking?

My husband and I took youngest kiddo to Disney last week.  Isn't Disney every kid's dream?  Not around our house.  I am soooooo glad to say that my sassy, independant kiddos have little desire to be sucked into one of America's biggest conglomerate businesses :o)  We visited for an afternoon.  That was plenty for all three of us!  I don't need chirpy music, constant parades and vacuous, cheery smiles to remind me that I'm happy.  Heck!  I only need to get up in the morning to have fun!  (Although a cup of coffee helps!)

Oh... not that Disney is all-bad.  We had a wonderful dinner with a friendly waiter and chef.  The chef came right out to talk with us about Shannon's allergies.  He made sure that the pasta was safe for her to eat.  What a treat!  This kiddo *almost never* gets to eat pasta in restaurants.  And there must be something to be said for all the wide smiles and piped in music.  Even in hour-and-a-half-long lines, the crowds waited patiently.  People smiled at each other.  And chatted. 

But, really, Disney is not my thing.  It's just so... fake.  I'll take good ole' New England any day.  We have blueberries.  And maple trees.  And cows.  And *home* :o)

Yup.  I'll take home.  No piped in music required for a good time.  We got back to a sunny, breezy, beautiful New England summer.  I did the responsible thing... and skipped unpacking and laundry to head out to the blueberry fields with the kids!  It was a day filled with laughter and very real smiles!  We picked 12.5 pounds of berries.  Well... we finished with that many.  Our blueberry bandit (daughter #3) filched berries from our buckets all afternoon!




Have a happy day!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You live near Disney land, how fun:D...I've never been, maybe someday:D Hope your well & thanks sooo much for popping into my blog Katie, you comments are so appreciated:D XO Mandy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its not proper blueberry picking if you don't eat as many as you bring home. At least that's how it was when I was growing up....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie! Great name! (My firstborn is named Katie.) Thank you for stopping by 2nd Cup and leaving such a wonderful comment. I'm so glad to have your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun thing to live near Disneyland.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you! Thanks so much for posting :o)