A little joy to share with you!

A little joy to share with you!

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Summer cold, family and a ball game...


Ahhh... a lovely summer cold. Second kiddo had a bugger of a cold the week before 8th grade graduation. Guess who got whalloped by it right after graduation? Yup. Parts of me that I didn't even know I had hurt. The *insides* of my toes hurt. Air hurt. If I took a breath, I coughed. And coughed and coughed. I seriously considered taking a break on the whole breathing thing. Blick. It was a rough couple of days.

I finally feel like I'm on the uphill swing again today. Not much energy still, but at least I don't hurt anymore. When I talk, I sound like Darth Vadar (not being a Star Wars fan, I probably spelled that wrong), but I'm not coughing. And I have finally ventured past the confines of the house. My cousin is visiting from Seattle. We saw her and the extended family last night. A collection of aunts, uncles, cousins, kids and friends. A camp fire, stilts, baseball game, swings, a circle of people visiting. What a lovely evening!

And tonight we went to a Swamp Bats game. I love ball games! The crowds, the goofy acts between innings, the music, the batmobile, the french fries. Yup. I love the french fries. Somehow, they're just better at a ball game. Oh! And Ribby! Our third daughter just *loves* the mascot :o) She gets all excited and wants ME to shake hands with him. She is suddenly too shy.... Ball games; a riot of color, character, noise and fun!

Have a happy day!

1 comment:

  1. Ball games are great, especially minor league games with all the characters you see. Um...that mascot though? After our recent bat experiences, I'd have a hard time with that one. Kudos to you for shaking his hand (wing?).

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you! Thanks so much for posting :o)