A little joy to share with you!

A little joy to share with you!

Friday, May 14, 2010

Success!


A few weeks ago, I had an amazing "hearty kale soup" while vacationing in Cape Cod. I promised myself that I would google kale soups when we got home. And I did. But there was nothing even remotely similar. Dang! I have not an ounce of culinary creativity in me, but this was really wonderful soup. So I rolled up my sleeves and tried throwing similar ingredients into a pot. It actually worked! First try, even!

Actually managing to replicate the soup was fairly astounding to me. But the truly amazing bit of this experiment was that I remembered to *write down* the ingredients :o) Fifteen years ago, I threw together a bunch of stuff and made a batch of beans that my husband *still* raves about. Something involving molasses and red kidney beans. And a bunch of OTHER ingredients. Yup. Forgot to write it down. Poor guy. He's still waiting for me to get that recipe right again. Same thing for ginger scones. The girls and I love ginger scones. We made batch after batch until we were finally happy with the way they turned out. We had a perfect batch of scones. Once.

Well... I will happily be eating kale soup this week! Too bad my husband thinks that kale is a very poor substitute for baked kidney beans....

Have a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you! Thanks so much for posting :o)