A little joy to share with you!

A little joy to share with you!

Thursday, May 6, 2010


I love these little flowers! Bright, cheery... and so easy to grow! These quirky plants are like a sprinkle of smiles across our lawn. I truly believe that God is good. And that He has a sense of humour. Have you ever picked a dandilion and set it in a vase? Ok... Ok... I guess most people don't pick dandilions. Most people try to obliterate them. But, guess what? If you pluck one of these sunny little flowers and try to capture its beauty, it droops and fades quickly into a sad remnant of what it was outdoors. Here is this beautiful gift which God leaves in abundance on my doorstep to be enjoyed where it is, as it is. Much like life.

And God's sense of humour... So often I think I've figured out my path in life. What a smartypants I think I am! I forget to talk to God. Then, wham! Like a big, gooey spitball straight to the side of the head. Three or four at a time. "Whada ya think of THAT? Bet I'll be hearing from you soon!" Yup. That's where I've been lately. Wearin' out my knees. Figuratively speaking since I do so darned much praying in the car and the oncoming traffic would not appreciate me praying on my knees.... It is a strange mix of confusion and comfort. But God leaves my favorite flower waiting for me. Sunshine spilling across the lawn of my life.

Have a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you! Thanks so much for posting :o)