A little joy to share with you!

A little joy to share with you!

Friday, April 23, 2010

great lunch!



My oldest daughter and I went out for lunch yesterday. We had no idea where to go. Frankly, the thought of *fried anything* turns my stomach right now! After nearly a week of vacation, I am ready for a week or so of mostly veggies....

Driving down a side road, Maggie spotted "The Daily Paper" and pointed out that the sign said serving breakfast and lunch daily. But MORE importantly... the parking lot was full of Massachusettes license plates!!!! GREAT CALL, KIDDO!!!!!!

My kid, who can't stand tomatoes, wanted to share a tomato mozzarella sandwich! I'm still in shock! Maggie's dislike of tomatoes is legendary in our household! She gags at the thought of tomatoes. I made her show me her tomatoes as I recorded this record-breaking lunch :o) Yes, she actually ate this sandwich!

The sandwich was good, but the soup was AMAZING!!! Hearty kale soup. Loaded with kale, tomatoes, kidney beans, carrots and rich spices. Oh boy! I'll be googling kale soup recipes when we get back home :o) Maggie claims that the clam chowder was very good, as well. But I couldn't bring myself to eat a bite of seafood. I think I am done in for the week on rich foods....

Enjoy some veggies today! Have a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you! Thanks so much for posting :o)